IssueYou have successfully worked on Autocad Architecture 2016, and had a fully operational platform, then received a fatal error during a session of design, and AutoCAD closed. AutoCAD has failed since to startup as it gets a fatal error each time he starts. A message may have popped up about graphics error.
The steps taken to troubleshoot have proved unsuccessful
1. Checked all service packs were installed
2. Started software with /no hardware to close out a possible hardware accleration issue
3. Started in safe mode
4. Created a new user profile
5. Repaired the installation
6. Uninstalled and re-installed AutoCAD
7. Did a clean install, by uninstalling, and removing all registry settings etc and any relations to autodesk
This can be caused by DirectX version, default is using DirectX 11, we can try change to 9.
To make AutoCAD use DirectX 9, there is a system variable to define within Windows. Here are the steps:
1. Exit AutoCAD.
2. Right-click Computer or This PC and choose Properties.
3. Click Advanced System Settings.
4. Under the Advanced tab, click the Environment Variables button.
5. Under System Variables, click the New button.
6. Enter GS_DEVICE for the name and Dx9 for the value.
7. Click OK on all the windows.
To see what DirectX is being used within AutoCAD, use the GRAPHICSCONFIG command.