What is BomLInk
Required to use BomLink(Back to top)
- ../BomLink/Project/filename.bomlink - Stores all the BomLink configuration.
- ../Inventory - Stores the inventory stock items input file
- ../ReportTemplates : Stores templates to output
- .hmlx : The hsbcad Modelx format containing all the design model data
Open BomLink(Back to top)
Launch the BomLink Configuration through ..\Program Files\hsbcad\hcbcad20xx\BomLink\BomLinkConfiguration.exe.
It may also be possible to start the BomLink application within hsbcad from within the ribbon
BomLink Icons(Back to top)
- 1. Create new: Create a new configuration.
- 2. Open: Open an existing configuration.
- 3. Save and Save as: To save a changed configuration or save a configuration as a new project.
- 4. Select model: Will run a preview output based on the loaded model without creating a report output. This will preview only checked groups or rules
- 4a. Select model no preview: Will run a preview output based on a model selected without creating a report output. This will preview only checked groups or rules.
- 5. Run: Will run the report output based on the loaded model. This will run only checked groups or rules.
- 5a. Run select model: Will run the report output based on the selected model. This will run only checked groups or rules.
- 6. Alias Manager: To manage multiple database information from a single location. Assign an alias to each group of data instead of managing each information separately in the workflow of the rules.
- 7. Copy: Allows you to copy a rule, group, variables, output, assemblies or lists.
- 8. Paste: Allows you to paste the copied information to a new location. e.g. rule in another group (needs to be the same type). Also allows you to paste in a new configuration.
- 9. Find and replace: Looks up any type of word, variable, inventory item, etc and makes it possible to replace this.
- Company folder: Shows the current company folder utilised in BomLink, click to change this company folder. Hover over this button to see the current company folder.