The end result of BomLink is to output all results to a format required. It support many formats. There are two sections to the output
- Output Destination - Type of output to store rule result and location to save output
- Output Definition (Global Level) - Fields to store in the output file
Output Destination Types(Back to top)
Specify the output type that the rule sends its result to and the location to save the output file
- Csv output
- Excel output
- HsbMap output
- Jasper Report output (pdf)
- MS Access output destination
- Sql output destination
- SqlCe output destination
- SQLite output destination
Csv output(Back to top)
- Output Path: Specifies the path of the CSV file to create.
- Delimiter: Specifies the delimiter of the CSV file to create. Empty will use ',' as the delimiter.
- Output row numbers: Produces a column for row numbers.
Note : The delimiter will be set to automatic ';' delimitation if the Regional settings have the decimal separator as ','.
Excel output(Back to top)
- Start column: The column where the output will start.
- Start Row: The row where the output will start.
- Template Path: The path of the Excel template to be used (an xlsx file).
- Output Path Format: Format specifying the path where the excel output will created.
Jasper Report output (pdf)(Back to top)
- Output Path Format: Format specifying he path where the output will be created.
- Output Format: Specifies the type of report to output.
- Path to Logo: Path to the logo that will be used for the reports.
- Report Name: Name of the report.
Create an Output Destination(Back to top)
- Select the destination
- Click on Add
- Select the Output Path.
add @(Number) or @(Comment) to the path, for additional information to the file.add @(DwgPath) at the start of the path to create the output directly into the dwgfolder.e.g. C:\BomLink\@(Number).csve.g. @(DwgPath)\@(comment).csve.g. @(DwgPath)\Reports BomLInk\Quantifier
Create an Output Definition (Global Level)(Back to top)
You set the fields (Represents the headers) to store in the output file. This is the output at a global level.
- Add a columnheader in the field
- Click on add
- Map this field to the information you need to see in the output file
- Select the Type of the field item. String, Double, Boolean,..etc
Create an Output Definition (Rule Level)(Back to top)
- Select a Rule.
- Select the Output tab.
- Select the correct Output Definition.
- Check the lightbal On.
- Overwrite the requested info. e.g. m.PosNum
- Instead of Code, the posnum will know be shown.
Example of an Output Definition at rule level(Back to top)
- Situation: Output a rule that overides the global output definition that presently displays the inventory description, replacing it with the length of the wall. Also if the wall material is Antraciet to display yes or no dependent on a user input
- Task: Create an over-ride output at rule level in the article field to display the wall frame length and add addtional field called material for Antraciet material
- Within the article field enter C('Length :', round(m.FrameLength,0), 'mm'
- this will return the string : Length : 2000mm
- Within the material field enter if(v.Antraciet=true, 'YES', 'NO')
- when the variable is true, this will return the string YES.
Output Preview(Back to top)
- click on preview, select model, change variables.