Issue:Recent Windows updates are conflicting with AutoCAD.
After installing Windows security updates MS14-037 (KB2962872), MS14-051 (KB2976627), and/or MS14-052 (KB2977629), AutoCAD crashes frequently.
- Behavior started happening suddenly, to multiple users in the same office.
- Windows updates recently installed.
- Crashes can occur when opening the plot details, after a plot job was completed.
- Other commands can also result in sudden crashes.
- Startup Crash on Activation
Solution:Uninstall Microsoft update MS14-037 (KB2962872 - July 8, 2014), MS14-051 (KB2976627 - August 12, 2014), and MS14-052 (KB2977629 - September 9, 2014):
- Navigate to START > Control Panel > Programs and Features.
- In the left panel, choose "View installed updates".
- Search for "KB2962872".
- If it is present, uninstall it.
- Repeat process to uninstall "KB2976627" and "KB2977629".