Why do you need to apply Number
Prepare for Numbering
How Is It Done
What Objects Can Be Numbered(Back to Top)
The function of this document is to provide information on how to apply numbering in order to prepare the project for manufacture.
The objects that you can number are Timbers, Sheeting, MetalParts, Panels.
Why do you need to apply Number(Back to Top)
You apply numbering so that hsb creates identical numbers for each of the objects that are identical and they can then be easily identified in the manufacturing drawings and in the hsb database. If a number on a timber is different to another timber, then there is some difference in the size of the two timbers.
Prepare for Numbering(Back to Top)
Before you start numbering make sure that what you’re numbering has construction generated and is visible on screen. I.e. if you are numbering timbers on walls, all the walls should be visible and numbered together, otherwise you could end up with two identical timbers with different numbers.
How Is It Done(Back to Top)
Style, Color, text height
Apply Numbering(Back to How Is It Done)
To apply numbering select ‘hsbInOutput\Apply Numbering’. On the Apply Numbering dialog you can select the following information.
- Start Number - Enter the number that you want the first timber found to receive. Each unique timber found will get a unique number, each number incremented by 1. Any two timbers that are identical will receive the same number
- What to Number - Select the type of object that you want to number – Timber, MetalParts, Panels, Sheeting’s.
- Keep Existing Number - Select if you want to Keep Existing Number or start numbering From Scratch. Normally you will select to start From Scratch.
- Restore Default Tag Location - Select to Restore Default Tag Location if you want any numbers that you have moved to be displayed at their default location (such as center of beam).
To apply the numbering select all of the timbers in the model. Any timbers that are not visible will not be numbered.
Display Numbers(Back to How Is It Done)
The display of the numbering is controlled in the ‘hsbGeneral\hsbSettings ‘dialog box in both the Numbering and Numbering 2 tabs.
Style, Color, text height(Back to How Is It Done)
To specify the text height, either select a dimension style from the ‘Style’ list and control the text height through the selected dimension style.
If using an AutoCAD dimension style to control the text, then make sure to check the setting Text Height Controlled by AutoCAD Dimension Style.
Alternatively uncheck the setting Text Height Controlled by AutoCAD Dimension Style and enter a value for the text height, usually a value between 20 and 25.
- Select a color to be used for the numbering text. This is the only place to control the text color i.e. text color cannot be controlled from the selected dimension style.